One cloudy morning, I was woken by a loud commotion in the kitchen. I rubbed my tired eyes, wondering why I should even bother getting up. I mean, who really cares what someone was making such a fuss about? I did.
I couldn't exactly find any clothes apart from my special see-through night gown that was from Afghanistan. I mumbled "morning" to my mum who spun around quickly to see who had spoken. Strangely enough, my mother stared straight through me, shrugged then turned around again.
"Er, hallo?" This time everyone looked around. One of my younger sisters shivered and asked dad if they didn't have to wait for two weeks just to move out this spooky house. "Well" Dad sighed."I am very sorry to say this but... Every single house is taken. Apart from this strange house that is bigger on the inside."
"Plus, we don't have any money." My mother added. "That is only because last week your farther and I got kicked out of our jobs." I was devastated. I opened my mouth to say something but clapped my hand to my lips just in case they couldn't see me.
Why couldn't my family see me? Maybe it was some sort of game? Crazy ideas and solutions whizzed through my head as my family huddled together in fright. For no particular reason, I moved my shaking hand in front of my bewildered face. What I saw made me faint.
"OW! OW! OW!" I cried. Scream! Scream! Scream! Came the response. People were walking all over me, making my muscles groan in the effort to keep myself awake. Couldn't they see me?
Were they blind? Is how they thought they could treat me? After all I had done?
Actually, they couldn't see me? Could they? It is hard to find the right words that could explain what I saw. But I will try my best. I... I... I was invisible. So I decided to run away. Away from those agonising feet. I hoped I was dreaming. Yes I dearly dreamed that.
The next morning it was sunny. And I never ran away. I slept for the rest of the day instead.
Nor was I invisible. About a month after that I realized that it was a kind of curse. Every cloudy day I would turn invisible. Now I enjoyed that experience.
Killer plants
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment