CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Cave of Calm (Spelunking)

As I stepped into the shady cave, a wave of calm washed gently over me. The Cave of Calm. I laughed softly. In a few hours, the place would be crowded with gippels.

The gippels were small happy people with pointed ears. They weren’t very bright but they had amazing joy. It was nearly impossible to make them cry.

If only those stupid journalists could see the cave at night. Lasts nights festival rang in my ears, and I recalled the happy faces of the children and their parents as they danced around the cave’s fiery heart.

Water dripped around me, and I started walking further into the cave. I entered the Hall of Crystals. Jade houses were scattered around the hall. In the middle of the village, a fire glowed like one thousand crystals.

I lay on a pad of moss, and waited. Waited for night to come…

0 comments: